Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions

How is a request for routine maintenance submitted?
All maintenance requests need to be submitted in writing. The best and easiest form is to submit the request on our website, and can be found on the Home Page or under the Current Tenants tab.

How are emergencies handled?
If the emergency is life threatening, dial 911. If other emergencies occur, we have a 24 hour personally answered emergency maintenance line. The resident will call our office and select option #9. The resident's call is then automatically forwarded to our 24 hour emergency maintenance line. The operator answering the phone is an actual maintenance employee. Therefore qualified to deal with emergencies immediately.

What is classified as an emergency?
Anything that endangers life or poses severe damage risk to the property if not corrected immediately qualifies for emergency service. Items outside of these items will not be handled as emergencies.

What maintenance is a resident responsible for?
The resident is required to keep the property in neat and clean condition and to perform minor repairs, such as replacing light bulbs and other items not requiring a skilled craftsman.

What about smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors?
It is mandated that the smoke detectors be tested and batteries replaced immediately prior to the occupancy of a property. Park Place Property Management performs this test in compliance with the law and adds documentation to our records for the protection of our clients. Our company policy prohibits our owners from performing this compliance inspection.

What if a resident wants to change the locks to the home?
Locks are changed immediately prior to each new resident moving in. Should the resident desire to change them during tenancy, they must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.

What if the resident wants to paint or perform maintenance work themselves?
Any and all work requested to be done by a resident must be submitted in writing and have written consent by Park Place Property Management prior to the work being done. This includes work relating to painting, carpeting, landscaping, wallpaper, fixtures, and any structural work.

What is the turnaround time for maintenance request?
There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, we typically contact the resident the same day we receive the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is typically no more than a 3 business days until completion. Although, when given permission-to-enter from a resident, we can generally get the maintenance request completed within 24-hours.

What charges are tenants responsible for?
Light bulbs, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector batteries, clogged/slow drains, furnace filters, lost or broken garage remotes, clogged garbage disposals (due to excess food or non-food items), anything related to pet damage, any damage as a result of a break in or vandalism, broken windows.

Is pest control a tenant charge?
Tenants are requested to try treatment first, if still unsuccessful it will be submitted to the owner for approval.

How often do furnace filters need to be changed?
Some filters may need changed every 30 days, most last about 3 months. Refer to the filter's instructions to find the recommended life span.

Who is responsible for landscaping?
Apartment communities are under the responsibility of the owner or HOA generally. Single family homes are usually the responsibility of the tenant unless an owner has decided to retain the services of their own landscaping company.

What do I do if I lock my keys in my house?
Contact our After Hours/Emergency Line at 208-995-3750 if you do not wish to contact a locksmith. There will be a Lockout Fee, $50 at this time, either paid for at time of service or it can be charged to your account.

What do I do if I lose my keys?
You can come to our main office in Meridian and have a new copy made for only $5. If you are concerned about someone finding the key and gaining access to your home, we can have the unit re-keyed at your expense, which is typically $62.50. 

Chicago Property management Icon

We take the stress out of
managing your investment.

Letts Property Management Tenants Icon

Pay your rent and submit
work orders conveniently online.

Letts Property Management Owners Icon

We take the stress out of
managing your investment.

Chicago Homes for Rent Icon

Find & apply for
your next rental home.

Contact Us

825 North Cass Avenue #107,
Westmont, IL 60559

O: 630-324-4267
F: 630-968-2232


Copyright © 2022 Letts Property Management. All Rights Reserved.
Built by PMW | Tenant Screening provided by RentScreener | Sitemap

Equal Housing Opportunity logo
realtor logo
CAR Logo
Expertise Award Best Property
Managers in

Letts Property Management is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to info@LettsPropertyManagement.com. Website Accessibility Policy